- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or your choice of dairy-free milk)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 1/2 frozen bananas, broken into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or two pitted dates)
- Place your milk, strawberries, banana, cocoa powder, and maple syrup in the pitcher of a high speed blender.
- Blend your ingredients on high for about 30 seconds, or until the smoothie is completely blended and creamy.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 48 hours.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe depending on how many servings you want.
- Add 1-2 scoops of your favorite protein powder to make this a meal replacement smoothie. See my list of the best clean protein powders.
- You can use fresh or frozen bananas and strawberries. If you use all fresh fruit, add at least 1/2 cup of ice cubes to thicken the smoothie.
- If you aren’t on a dairy-free or vegan diet, you can use regular milk in this recipe.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Smoothies
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: pms smoothie, cacao smoothie, banana chocolate shake