You only need four ingredients to make this creamy Chocolate Banana Smoothie. This recipe is vegan, paleo, and dairy-free, and only takes a few minutes to make. If you are a chocolate lover, then you must try this ASAP!
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut beverage (or your choice of dairy-free milk)
- 1 1/2 frozen bananas, broken into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Place your coconut beverage, frozen banana chunks, cocoa powder, and maple syrup in the pitcher of a high speed blender.
- Blend your ingredients on high for about 30 seconds, or until the smoothie is completely blended and creamy.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 48 hours.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe depending on how many servings you want.
- Use two pitted dates instead of maple syrup, if you prefer.
- If you don’t have coconut beverage, you can also use light canned coconut milk OR your choice of unsweetened dairy-free milk.
- You can use either cocoa powder or cacao powder.
- Use a Blendtec or a Vitamix to ensure that the smoothie gets very creamy and fully blended.
- Category: Smoothies
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: pms smoothie, cacao smoothie, banana chocolate shake