This Vegan and Low-Fat Butternut Squash & Cauliflower Stew is one of the healthiest dishes you can make. With plenty of vegetables, plus greens and beans, it’s the world’s healthiest stew.
I think fall might be my favorite season. I love the coolness in the air and the transition to warmer clothes. As a homebody, I like the shorter days that force me indoors to cook, read books or just cozy up to the fireplace. What I love most of all about fall is the introduction of fall fruits and vegetables.
It is a little early for butternut squash at my farmers’ market, but I bought some at the store that I roasted in a small amount of coconut oil to add into a stew. I used a ton of other veggies including blanched cauliflower:
Chard torn into bits:
And all of these goodies (corn, peppers, onions, garlic and beans):
I layered the vegetables into my biggest pot:
And just added water to cover. Then I simmered it for 20ish minutes and used my hand-immersion blender to make it smooth but still chunky:
It was really warming and nutritious and made about six large servings, most of which went into the freezer for future meals. You could say I’m stocking up for the winter?Print
Fall-Inspired Butternut Squash & Cauliflower Stew – Serves 10-12
- 1 large butternut squash, cut up and roasted in a small amount of coconut oil at 400 degrees for 30 minutes
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped and blanched for 3 minutes
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head of chard, washed and torn into bits
- corn kernels from 5 ears of corn or about 1 1/2 cups (you can use fresh, canned or frozen)
- 3 red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 cups beans
- 6 cups water
- In a large pot, water-saute onion, garlic and peppers for 3-5 minutes or until soft.
- Add chard and sauté until wilted.
- Add beans, squash and cauliflower and cover with water (about 6 cups).
- Bring to a boil and then turn heat down to medium and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Use a hand-immersion blender to smoothen texture but keep it chunky.
Be sure to pin this healthy Vegan Butternut Squash & Cauliflower soup to your favorite Pinterest board to save it for later:
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!