These Cinnamon Flax Muffins are gluten-free and vegan-friendly. They’re grain-free and full of healthy fiber.
- 1 ½ cups organic ground flax seed
- ½ cup blanched almond flour or your favorite gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon organic ground ceylon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2/3 cup organic butternut squash puree, pumpkin puree, or applesauce
- 2 eggs, beaten, or two chia eggs*
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- *Each chia egg is made by stirring together 1 tablespoon of chia seed with 3 tablespoons of water. Let sit for at least 5 minutes before adding to the muffin batter.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the ground flaxseed, almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, coconut sugar, and raisins into a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Next, add the coconut oil, butternut squash puree (or applesauce), eggs, and almond milk to the mixing bowl and use a large spatula to stir together. Use a big spoon or measuring cup to divide the batter into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the muffins have turned a golden brown.
- Remove each muffin from the tin and let them cool slightly on a rack before serving.
These muffins freeze great!