These Gluten Free Cinnamon Flax Muffins are such a healthy and delicious way to start the day. They are light and fluffy, with great texture and flavor.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups ground flax seed
- ½ cup almond flour or your favorite gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup butternut squash puree, pumpkin puree, or unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the ground flaxseed, flour, cinnamon, baking powder, coconut sugar, and raisins into a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Next, add the coconut oil, squash puree or applesauce, eggs, and almond milk to the mixing bowl and use a large spatula to stir together. Use a big spoon or measuring cup to divide the batter into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the muffins have turned a golden brown.
- Remove each muffin from the tin and let them cool slightly on a rack before serving.
You can freeze any leftover muffins in a zip top bag for up to 2 months. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight before consuming.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: flax muffins, gluten free flax muffins, healthy muffins