These Cinnamon Flax Muffins are a healthy treat for kids and adults.
- 1 ½ cups organic ground flax seed
- ½ cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon organic ground ceylon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup organic sweet potato puree, applesauce, or pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, beaten, or two chia eggs*
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (vegans can substitute maple syrup)
- *Each chia egg is made by stirring together 1 tablespoon of chia seed with 3 tablespoons of water. Let sit for at least 5 minutes before adding to the muffin batter.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the ground flaxseed, almond flour, cinnamon, and baking powder into a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Next, add the sweet potato puree (or applesauce or pumpkin puree), coconut oil, eggs to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse gently to combine.
- Pour the contents of the food processor into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and use a large spatula to stir together. Use a tablespoon to place the batter into each well of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 35 minutes and let muffins cool slightly before serving.