This gluten-free cornbread recipe is incredibly moist and tastes good with any weeknight meal. This incredibly easy recipe with simple ingredients is better than any boxed mix. This homemade cornbread is both gluten-free and dairy-free.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened almond milk (or low-fat dairy milk if you aren’t on a dairy-free diet)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (I used the Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten-Free Baking Flour)
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted (use butter if you aren’t on a dairy-free diet)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Spray an 8×8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small pitcher or bowl, combine the milk and vinegar. Stir and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Stir or whisk to combine.
- Then, stir in the milk and vinegar mixture, eggs, and coconut oil.
- Stir the batter until it is smooth with no lumps.
- Pour the batter into your baking dish and bake for 28-32 minutes, or until the top starts to turn a golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cornbread cool in the pan for a few minutes before slicing it and serving it warm or at room temperature
- If you want to make this recipe in a muffin tin, you’ll need to reduce the temperature to 375 degrees F and shorten the bake time to around 25 minutes. Check one of the muffins with a toothpick and make sure it comes out clean.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free and dairy-free cornbread, healthy cornbread recipe