This super simple Sweet Potato & Kale Casserole can be served as a healthy main dish or side dish. It’s a vegan and gluten-free recipe that is hearty and so delicious!
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF.
- Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, kale, onion, cinnamon, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the melted coconut oil over the ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour ingredients into the casserole dish and cook for 45-50 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are fork-tender.
- Serve warm.
Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: vegan casserole using sweet potatoes and kale, kale and sweet potatoes, baked kale and sweet potatoes