Last Updated on
Lentil pasta is a delicious gluten-free option. This healthy pasta salad has only five ingredients, and is the perfect main or side summer dish!
Oh, oh, I’m so excited to share this recipe with you today! The gluten-free pasta salad is perfect for your 4th of July celebration, or for any of these hot summer days when a cold dish makes a refreshing meal.
Even better, I’m absolutely thrilled to share this brand of legume-based, completely gluten- and grain-free pasta brand with you from Tolerant Foods. I’ve worked with bean-based pastas before, but this one uses lentils, except for one black bean version, and the flavor and texture are stellar.
Plus, oh my goodness, each serving of Tolerant pasta has 46%-62% of one’s daily fiber so this absolutely is a health-promoting dish that is organic to boot!
I was very hopeful that this pasta would be good, and I was thrilled with the results, starting with the retention of texture after cooking (I used the organic red lentil rotini, but feel free to use any of the pasta styles, macaroni, fettucini, penne, etc.):
I decided to grate some raw zucchini to make a cold salad, I squeezed out the moisture from the vegetables so the dish wouldn’t be soggy (this is the only annoying part of this recipe):
Raw, grated zucchini all ready to be tossed with the cooked pasta:
Some lemon zest, lemon juice, and a dash of olive oil, plus herbs, salt, and pepper to taste were all that were needed to make this delicious dish:
Honestly, if I hadn’t known, I never would have guessed the pasta was made from lentils as opposed to flour…it’s that good!
Here’s the recipe:Print
A gluten-free pasta dish using lentil pasta! Fresh and easy.
- 1 box Tolerant Foods pasta, your choice of shape
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 teaspooon dried oregano
- 1 medium lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, drain, and rinse with cold water to prevent over-cooking. Pour the cooked pasta into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Next, use a food processor or a box grater to coarsely grate the zucchini. Place the grated raw zucchini in a nut milk bag or cheesecloth and squeeze out the moisture.
- Toss the zucchini with the pasta, along with the dried oregano, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Here’s a pinnable image: