Use your favorite fruit jam to fill these delicious Gluten-Free Thumbprint Cookies. These cookies are easy to make, and you get a taste of sugar-free jam with every bite. This recipe can be made dairy-free, too.
- 1 cup ghee (or two sticks butter or vegan butter), softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar (you can also use white sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 2/3 cups gluten-free baking flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Flour)
- 1 cup no-added sugar strawberry, raspberry, or apricot jam
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the ghee or butter and the sugar. Use a mixer to beat together the ingredients until they are fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and egg yolks and mix until combined.
- Add the salt and ½ cup of the flour to the mixture and mix until the flour is incorporated into the dough. Keep adding the flour in ½ cup increments until you have added all of the flour and it is mixed well with the other ingredients.
- Then, use your hands or a spoon to roll the dough into balls. Each ball should be about a tablespoon of the dough.
- Flatten each dough ball onto the baking sheets, using your thumb to form an indentation into each cookie.
- After you have formed all of the cookies, add two teaspoons of jam into the indentation of each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 16-18 minutes, or until they have started to turn a golden brown. Let the cookies cool slightly before serving.
- To freeze the cookies, carefully place the cooled cookies in a plastic freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Alternatively, you can freeze the dough before it’s baked. After indenting them with your thumb put the sheet pan in the freezer. Once the cookies are frozen, put them in a Ziploc bag and freeze. Bake as directed.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: jam cookies, gluten-free healthy cookies, raspberry jam cookies