You’re going to love this Zucchini Bread Oatmeal that is a healthy twist on breakfast. This recipe is gluten-free and vegan-friendly.
- 2/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 small zucchini, finely shredded through the tube of a food processor (yields about ½ cup firmly packed)
- 1 ripe banana, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 scoop, your favorite protein powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts (optional, for topping)
- Place the oats, shredded zucchini, sliced banana, water, cinnamon, and raisins in a medium pot. Give the mixture a stir.
- Turn the heat to high until the mixture starts to simmer. Stir it again, cover the pot, and then reduce the heat to low and cook for about 8 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- Turn off the heat. Just before serving, stir in the protein powder.
- Serve immediately, with the chopped walnuts sprinkled on top.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: gluten-free oatmeal with shredded zucchini, zoats recipe