This Turmeric Cauliflower Buns recipe has a total of four ingredients and is completely grain-free, low-carb, and perfect for keto and paleo diets.
I had a rough start with cauliflower. Growing up, I was really only exposed to it in raw, floret form, and it just tasted bland and bitter to me. Then, when I started using it in recipes, I would over-cook it and it would turn mushy.
Finally, though, cauliflower and I have a wonderful relationship. I most often steam it and blend it into a faux mashed potato puree, but after making and loving this recipe, I’m am officially cauliflower bun-obsessed.
As mentioned, this recipe only has four ingredients: cauliflower rice, coconut flour, eggs, turmeric, and a pinch of salt and pepper. You just mix them up in a bowl:
Use your hands to form six patty/buns:
30 minutes later…buns are served hot and fluffy.
I was honestly shocked with how great these turned out, and my husband grabbed one as soon as they came out of the oven. He even suggested that I try making a sweet version next time. But, for now, I’m thrilled with this recipe that is mild and perfect for a grain-free side dish.
Here’s my printable recipe for these grain-free Turmeric Cauliflower Buns:Print
These 4-Ingredient Turmeric Cauliflower Buns are an easy grain-free, low-carb, and super healthy side dish.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower or about 2 cups of firmly packed cauliflower rice (see directions for making the cauliflower rice)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- pinch each of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take your cauliflower and use a sharp knife to cut off the base. Pull off any green parts and use your hands to break the cauliflower into florets. Give the florets a quick rinse and pat dry.
- Next, make cauliflower rice by placing the florets into the bowl of a food processor with the “S” blade. Pulse for about 30 seconds until the cauliflower is about the size of rice. You should have about two cups of firmly packed cauliflower rice.
- Place the cauliflower rice into a microwavable-safe bowl with about a teaspoon of water. Cover with plastic wrap and poke a few holes to let the steam escape. Microwave the cauliflower rice for about 3 minutes. Alternatively, you can steam the cauliflower rice on the stovetop in a steamer basket.
- Uncover the bowl and let the cauliflower rice cool for about 5 minutes. Then, use a large spoon to put the cauliflower rice into a nut milk bag or a clean dish towel. Squeeze the excess moisture out, being careful not to burn your hands.
- Pour the cauliflower rice into a medium mixing bowl and stir in the eggs, turmeric, and a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Use your hands to form the mixture into 6 buns, placing them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top becomes slightly browned.
- The cauliflower buns are best served hot right out of the oven. They do not refrigerate or re-heat well (they will get mushy), but they are so delicious that you’ll no doubt eat them right away!
And, a pinnable image so you can save this recipe for later:
I have all kinds of fun recipes and projects to share with you this year. I’d love if you joined my weekly newsletter list so we can keep in touch.
I’ll e-mail you once a week with a summary and links to new articles, plus insider info and bonuses available only to subscribers. This keeps you from having to keep checking my site for new blog posts.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise.
Pin this keto recipe to save it for later!