These 4-Ingredient Turmeric Cauliflower Buns are an easy grain-free, low-carb, and super healthy side dish.
- 1 medium head of cauliflower or about 2 cups of firmly packed cauliflower rice (see directions for making the cauliflower rice)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- pinch each of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take your cauliflower and use a sharp knife to cut off the base. Pull off any green parts and use your hands to break the cauliflower into florets. Give the florets a quick rinse and pat dry.
- Next, make cauliflower rice by placing the florets into the bowl of a food processor with the “S” blade. Pulse for about 30 seconds until the cauliflower is about the size of rice. You should have about two cups of firmly packed cauliflower rice.
- Place the cauliflower rice into a microwavable-safe bowl with about a teaspoon of water. Cover with plastic wrap and poke a few holes to let the steam escape. Microwave the cauliflower rice for about 3 minutes. Alternatively, you can steam the cauliflower rice on the stovetop in a steamer basket.
- Uncover the bowl and let the cauliflower rice cool for about 5 minutes. Then, use a large spoon to put the cauliflower rice into a nut milk bag or a clean dish towel. Squeeze the excess moisture out, being careful not to burn your hands.
- Pour the cauliflower rice into a medium mixing bowl and stir in the eggs, turmeric, and a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Use your hands to form the mixture into 6 buns, placing them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top becomes slightly browned.
- The cauliflower buns are best served hot right out of the oven. They do not refrigerate or re-heat well (they will get mushy), but they are so delicious that you’ll no doubt eat them right away!