Last Updated on
This post has been sponsored by Foster Farms®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
You’re going to love this Grilled Honey Garlic Chicken and Carrot Slaw recipe. It’s perfect for healthy, summertime barbecues.
Foster Farms now offers Simply Raised No Antibiotics Ever Free Range Chicken Breasts and Thighs that are perfect for grilling. All you need are a few ingredients to make a quick marinade for the chicken and a dressing for an easy, carrot slaw. This is a great healthy, summer meal that gets made in just 30 minutes.
Let me show you how to make it!
Benefits of Free Range Chicken
I’m thrilled that Vons now carries the Foster Farms® Simply Raised® No Antibiotics Ever Free Range Chicken because it’s California-raised, always fresh, and never frozen. Fresh chicken is less likely to get dried out when it’s cooked, so it’s juicier and tastes better. I found the chicken in the refrigerated meat section at the grocery store, and it was easy to find due to its distinctive green packaging.
Save now and download a recipe ebook today! And, be sure to download the Vons app to get weekly coupons.
Making the Honey Garlic Marinade
The ideal marinade has a mixture of sugar and acid. For this recipe, I used the honey as the sweet with the soy sauce/tamari and balsamic vinegar as the acid.
Since this is meant to be a fast, 30-minute meal, you only need to marinate the Foster Farms® Simply Raised® No Antibiotics Ever Free Range Chicken for 10 minutes. But, you could absolutely let it marinate longer. If you want to marinate the chicken for longer than 10 minutes, then just stick it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
This Honey Garlic Marinade includes:
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- dried garlic
That’s it! I’m telling you, it is so easy and flavorful.
While the Foster Farms® Simply Raised® No Antibiotics Ever Free Range Chicken is marinating, you can make the easy carrot slaw. Just be sure you reserve 1/2 cup of the marinade before it touches the chicken because that’s going to be the dressing for the slaw.
Toss the marinade with the shredded carrots and top it with sliced green onions and chopped peanuts. The slaw goes great with the chicken because it has a great texture and complimentary flavor.
Here’s the recipe for this Grilled Honey Garlic Chicken with Carrot Slaw:Print
- 1 ½ pounds Foster Farms® Simply Raised® No Antibiotics Ever Free Range Chicken Breasts
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 cup honey
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried garlic
- 10-ounce bag shredded carrots
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts, optional
- Prepare the Foster Farms® Simply Raised® No Antibiotics Ever Free Range Chicken Breasts for grilling by slicing each breast in half lengthwise. Place the chicken breast halves on a cutting board. Place a piece of parchment paper or a plastic bag over the chicken and use a mallet to flatten each piece. The chicken breasts should be even in height so they cook evenly on the grill.
- Next, make the marinade. Combine the olive oil, soy sauce or tamari, honey, balsamic vinegar, and dried garlic in a large measuring cup or bowl with a spout. Use a whisk to combine. Use a measuring cup to scoop out and reserve ½ cup of the marinade. Set the extra marinade aside for the carrot slaw.
- Pour the rest of the marinade in a large zip-top bag. Use tongs to transfer the chicken to the bag. Seal the bag securely and let the chicken sit in the marinade at room temperature for at least 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, make the carrot slaw. Place the shredded carrots in a medium bowl and pour over the reserved marinade. Use tongs to toss. Sprinkle the top of the slaw with the chopped scallions and peanuts, if desired.
- Turn on the grill to medium heat. Once it is hot, use your tongs to place the chicken breasts onto the grill. Cover the top and let the chicken cook for 5 minutes. Turn once and cook for another 5 minutes. For safe eating, use a meat thermometer to ensure the thickest part if the chicken has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the chicken from the grill to a plate and cover with foil to let the chicken rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve the chicken hot with a side of the carrot slaw.
Be sure to pin this healthy chicken recipe to Pinterest to save it for later:
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!