Vegan Cherry Berry Healing Smoothie for Cancer Prevention
This Vegan Cherry Berry Smoothie is a dairy-free, delicious breakfast option with healing ingredients.
I got to check out a copy of the Healing Smoothies book recently and I was blown away by the combination of scientific research, beautiful photos, and great recipes, all with the theme of cancer prevention and recovery.
The author, Daniella Chace, has written a companion book as well, called Turning Off Breast Cancer: A Personalized Approach to Nutrition and Detoxification in Prevention and Healing. Both of these books have a “plant-strong” point of view and are very well-researched and written, in my opinion.
The Cherry Berry Lime smoothie caught my eye and Daniella’s publisher was kind enough to allow me to share the recipe with you today.
This recipe calls for “frozen green tea cubes” which I had never thought about making, but is genius. The idea is essentially to make green tea and then freeze into ice cubes. I used some organic jasmine green tea I had in my pantry, brewed for several minutes and then chilled in a glass container.
I then froze the tea into cubes, errr, flower shapes, in my handy-dandy silicone tray:
Here’s what my green tea ice cubes look like after they’ve been frozen overnight:
You only need a few cubes for this recipe, so the rest got stored in my freezer for future use:
I had all the other ingredients on hand as well, including the tart cherry juice. This is a fantastic recipe!
Other Cancer Fighting Smoothies You Might Like
- Acai Smoothie with Coconut
- Anti-Cancer Breakfast Smoothie
- Food Processor Smoothie (Mango Pineapple Spinach)
- Kale Berry Chocolate Smoothie
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
This tart and citrusy smoothie has a hint of sweetness and a rich berry flavor.
- 1/4 lime
- 1/2 cup tart cherry juice
- 1/2 cup frozen red raspberries
- 1/2 cup frozen green tea cubes
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a high-power blender or food processor and blend until smoothie. Drink immediately.
- To make green tea cubes, brew a batch of green tea. Pour the brewed tea into an ice cube tray and freeze until solid. Use the green tea ice cubes in your smoothie.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: High-speed blender
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Serving Size: 6 ounces
- Calories: 161
- Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 24
- Fiber: 9
- Protein: 4
Keywords: cancer-fighting smoothie with green tea cubes
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.