The health benefits of algae might surprise you, and Catharine Arnston, CEO of ENERGYbits, is here today to talk about all of the amazing properties of this green food.
For this new episode on Clean Eating for Women, you can listen here or using your favorite podcast app (or click here if you don’t see the player below):
In this episode of the Clean Eating for Women podcast, we talk about:
- How Catherine decided to devote her life into making algae a mainstream product
- Algae is the fastest, purest, safest, most nutrient dense way to get your body all of the nutrients it needs in seconds
- Health benefits of algae, including the differences between spirulina and chlorella
Some highlights of this episode:
- Algae found Catherine when her younger sister developed breast cancer. Catherine’s sister’s doctor advised her to go on an alkaline based diet to help with the chemo. Phytonutrients and chlorophyll are all very cleansing and healing to the body. Catherine’s sister switched her diet and is now completely healed. [01:34]
- Catherine read about 10 books on the topic and then went to the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and got a certificate as a health coach. She taught green nutrition. She discovered that everybody knows they should eat more greens, but they are too busy or don’t like the taste. [02:45]
- Algae is one of the most nutrient dense foods in the world. It has the highest concentration of chlorophyll of any greens. It also comes pressed into tiny little tablets that you can swallow or chew. Catherine decided to devote the rest of her life into making algae a mainstream product. [03:49]
- Algae was the first plant life on Earth. Algae releases oxygen and oxygenated the Earth. There are only a couple of edible algaes. Spirulina a blue-green algae. The very first life form. Technically a bacteria. There is nothing for your body to breakdown. It stops the growth of cancer and has the highest concentration of protein in the world. It’s loaded with B vitamins and EFAs. [08:15]
- Chlorella has the highest concentration of chlorophyll in the world. It is one of the few fat based antioxidants. It heals the cell walls, so nutrients can get in and toxins can get out. It is cleansing and pulls out toxins. It even pulls out alcohol and radiation. It’s hard cell attaches to the toxins. [15:41]
- RECOVERYbits Chlorella is cracked using sound waves. They make sure they have the cleanest algae ever seen. Chlorella is a health algae that pulls out toxins and helps keep us young. It builds the immune system. It also has a high concentration of tryptophan. [19:28]
- Have ENERGYbits or SKINNYbits in the morning, afternoon, and before workouts. You can have 30 or whatever suits you. Have the RECOVERYbits at night, so your body goes through a natural detox. It’s also good to take RECOVERYbits before eating if you have digestive issues. [26:41]
- The first large scale algae production for large consumption started in the 1950s, but then it was closed down, and the Japanese spent 10 years trying to grow algae for mass consumption. They focused on Chlorella. This is why the industry is based in Asia. In Japan, they don’t buy vitamins, they just take chlorella. The nutrient profile is so powerful it will get noticed. [36:47]
Links mentioned in this episode (some affiliate links included):
Show sponsors (some affiliate links included):
- Otto’s Naturals Cassava Flour (use code CLEANEATING for 10% discount + free shipping over $35 during checkout)
- Mammoth Bars (use code CLEANEATING for 20% discount during checkout)
Join the Clean Eating for Women Community!
- Clean Eating for Women episode index
- Clean Eating for Women Podcast private Facebook Group (great for asking questions and connecting with me personally)
Don’t miss new blog posts! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise.