These Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are full of lemon flavor! They are a delicious way to celebrate spring. This easy and healthy dessert recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free.
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest (from about 2 lemons)
- 1/3 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a muffin tin with muffin liners (or spray the wells with nonstick cooking spray).
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, coconut sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, and sea salt. Use a whisk or spoon to mix together.
- In a small bowl, combine the almond milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, applesauce, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and use a spatula to stir together. Make sure there are no lumps in the batter.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin tin and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the tops of the muffins are golden brown.
- Remove the muffins to a drying rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free
Keywords: how to make healthy lemon poppyseed muffins, poppyseed muffins, lemon muffins