This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
Tina Chow is on the Clean Eating for Women podcast today to talk about her new cookbook, the Everything Healthy Meal Prep Cookbook.
For this new episode on Clean Eating for Women, you can listen here or using your favorite podcast app (or click here if you don’t see the player below):
In this episode of the Clean Eating for Women podcast, we talk about:
- Tina’s health journey and how she got into real foods
- How eating better changed Tina’s life
- Tina’s meal prepping routine
Some highlights of this episode on healthy meal prepping:
- Tina Chow is famous for meal prepping. It’s no surprise she got the cookbook deal. She is pushing 200,000 followers on Instagram. Her account exploded because she was featured on a lot of bigger account. She has a full-time job and the meal prepping is something she does on the side, but she is passionate about it. [01:55]
- She got into meal prepping because she led a busy life and cooking from scratch was so time-consuming. She also wanted to be healthier. She joined a gym and decided to get into shape. How fitness is 80% diet and 20% exercise. [03:16]
- Tina began researching and came across some meal prepping pioneers on Instagram. She used Instagram to keep her accountable, but things exploded practically overnight. Eating better and meal prepping made her feel so much better. [05:36]
- Meal prepping is now a normal thing that she does on every Sunday. She gets her groceries on a Saturday or Sunday morning and then spends a few hours on Sunday batch cooking everything for the week. [07:05]
- Her first meal was a stir fry with sweet potatoes, asparagus, and chicken. She just started with her lunch for the week. She started small and then added more meals from there. She now preps for every meal. [08:40]
- Her mason jar salads get a lot of attention. If she is known for anything it would probably be that. Taco salad in a jar is one of her specialties. The recipe is in the cookbook. [11:06]
- The best advice Tina can give for people just starting out is to start prepping with just one meal. Start small and then add on from there. Be open minded to new recipes, but not all at once. [15:11]
- Snacks are things that are easy like boiled eggs with carrots and tomatoes or nuts and fruit. Cottage cheese with a green apple is another choice. [22:15]
- A publisher approached Tina over email. Simon & Schuster were actually in the market for a meal prep cookbook author. She had a large following and the publisher knew that eating healthy and meal prepping was a trend that they wanted to follow. She took time off to focus on writing the book. [24:27]
Relevant links for this episode:
- The Everything Healthy Meal Prep Cookbook
- Tina on Instagram
- Buy Carrie’s e-cookbook, Clean Eating Every Day, on the Amazon Kindle store here
Join the Clean Eating for Women Community!
- Clean Eating for Women episode index
- Clean Eating Kitchen Community private Facebook group (great for general information about a clean eating approach)
Don’t miss new blog posts! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise.