This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
This Kale & Spring Pea Mashup Recipe is a healthy, vegan meal made Dr. Fuhrman friendly and plant-based.
I made a new recipe late last week that I’m only getting around to sharing now. I started with these ingredients (kale, mushrooms, peas, beans, cooked sweet potato, onion and tahini sauce). I also used a tomato that didn’t get pictured:
The veggies got cooked in layers in a large pot, with the kale going in last:
The Lemon-Tahini Sauce and nutritional yeast made for an amazing creamy, rich texture:
Kale & Spring Pea Mashup for a healthy, oil-free, vegan meal
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 cups button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons no-salt seasoning
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 16-ounce bag frozen spring peas, thawed
- 1 medium sweet potato, baked
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 10-ounce bag lacinato kale or two bunches, stems removed
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- For the tahini sauce:
- 1/2 cup no-salt added jarred tahini
- 2 lemons
- Place tahini in a medium bowl.
- Heat up a few tablespoons of water over medium heat in a large pot. Add onion and water-saute for a few minutes or until soft. Add mushrooms and continue cooking for several more minutes.
- Add no-salt seasoning and turmeric to the mixture and stir to combine. Add the tomato, peas, baked sweet potato and beans to the pot, along with about a ½ cup of water if mixture is dry. Stir to combine.
- Finally, add the kale to the pot and turn the heat to low. Place the lid on the pot and cook for several minutes or until the kale is wilted but bright green. Turn the heat off and stir in the nutritional yeast and Lemon-Tahini Sauce.
- Squeeze juice from lemons and add to tahini. Stir to blend. Use more or less lemon juice to reach desired flavor and consistency.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 250
I’m always excited to share a new kale recipe, so I hope you like this one.