Heat-Free Lentil & Walnut Tacos (Vegan)
You’ll love these vegan and healthy Lentil & Walnut Tacos that are perfect for a Meatless Monday dinner.
Lentil Walnut Tacos
Thanks to both Gena and her publisher, here is the printable recipe for your next vegan taco night:Print
To me, this dish embodies flexible, high raw cuisine at its finest. Using romaine leaves as a “taco” and walnut as part of the taco “meat” are standard raw foodie tricks, but the addition of cooked lentils adds extra protein, iron, and healthy complex carbs. This is a stress-free meal, easy to whip up at a moment’s notice if you have some lentils in the freezer, and you can top it however you like!
- Taco Filling Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups raw walnuts
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes and drained
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup cooked brown or green lentils
- Serving Ingredients:
- 8 large romaine leaves (cabbage, radicchio, and butter lettuce leaves also work well)
- 1 cup salsa of choice
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- Place the walnuts and sea salt in a food
- Processor and pulse to break the nuts down until
- Add the tomatoes, spices, and lentils to the processor.
- Pulse until the mixture is well incorporated. Check for
- Seasoning, and add additional salt, cumin, or chili
- As needed. Add a few tablespoons of water, if needed, to
- Bind the mixture together.
- Divide the filling into the romaine leaves. Top each with 2
- Tablespoons of salsa and a few avocado slices. Serve.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 165
Keywords: how to make meatless and vegan lentil tacos
And, I’m also sending one lucky winner a copy of the book. The winner as randomly selected from over 300 entries is…Candy R.!