For Valentine’s Day this year, consider making your sweetheart (or yourself!) some homemade dark chocolate heart candies. This simple recipe uses only three ingredients to make Chocolate Raspberry Hearts that are the perfect sweet treat. Vegan, dairy-free, paleo, and naturally gluten-free.
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon raspberry flavor
- Place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave the chocolate chips and coconut oil in 30-second batches, stirring between each round. You may have to do this for 3-5 rounds to get the chocolate completely melted and thin enough to pour into your molds.
- Stir in the raspberry flavoring.
- Next, place the molds on a baking sheet and use a spoon to fill each mold with the chocolate mixture. You should have enough chocolate to make between 20-22 hearts.
- Then, place the molds into your freezer for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Once the chocolate hearts have set, you can remove them from the molds. Serve the hearts at room temperature or chilled.
- Store your chocolate hearts in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.
- Feel free to substitute the raspberry flavoring with any other type of flavoring you like, including lemon, peppermint, or cinnamon.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade chocolate candy, chocolate hearts, raspberry chocolate candy