How to Make Lentil Protein Powder
Here’s a recipe for how to make your own Homemade Lentil Protein Powder that you can use in smoothies or baked goods. It’s an easy, budget-friendly recipe.
- Author: Carrie Forrest, MBA, MPH in Nutrition
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 hours
- Total Time: 15 hours
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Dehydrator
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 cups dried lentils
- 6 cups water
- Rinse lentils and pick through for any debris.
- Place the lentils in a large pot, and cover with the water.
- Turn the heat to high. Once the pot is simmering, reduce the heat, cover the pot, and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Once the lentils have done cooking, transfer them to a storage container. Place them in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to cool down.
- Now, divide the cooked and cooled lentils on several dehydrator sheets (they should have room to breathe) and dehydrate them at 115°F for 10-12 hours, or until completely dry.
- Place the dried sprouted lentils into a high-speed blender and process finely into a powder.
Use the homemade lentil powder in smoothies or baked goods to add plant-based protein to the dish.
Store the powder in a tightly sealed container in a cool, dry place for up to several weeks.
Keywords: how to make homemade lentil protein powder, homemade protein powder, lentil powder