Homemade Vegan Fudgesicles
This Homemade Vegan Fudgesicle recipe is a healthy frozen dessert made with dairy-free with no refined sugars! Both kids and adults love this chocolate treat.
Did you ever have a fudgesicle growing up? They’re traditionally made using dairy ice cream blended with cocoa powder and sugar. Fudgesicles were one of my very favorite frozen desserts when I was a kid.
But, now that I’m dairy-free, I wanted to make a version that is just as creamy and decadent as the original. This recipe uses cashews blended with cocoa and sweet pitted dates.
These homemade vegan fudgesicles are made using only four ingredients: cashews, dates, cocoa powder, and vanilla. For my friends who are sensitive to cocoa or chocolate, you can also use carob powder instead of cocoa powder.
Gather up all your ingredients, including cashews, water, dates, cocoa powder, and vanilla, and combine in the base of a high-speed blender.
Blend the ingredients until smooth, about 45 seconds.
Pour the mixture into your molds and freeze until solid.
I took a bite so you can see for yourself how creamy they are.
I’m not kidding, they taste just like I remember. I usually use coconut milk as the base of my frozen treats, but the cashews work perfectly so the chocolate is the dominant flavor.
Watch me make this recipe on YouTube!
Other Frozen Vegan Recipes You Might Like
- Cherry Blast Popsicles
- Dairy-Free Mango Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- Raspberry Chocolate Ice Cream
- Strawberry Coconut Nice Cream
- Sweet Cherry Ice Cream
- Vegan Peach Ice Cream
Here’s the printable recipe:Print
This Homemade Vegan Fudgesicle recipe is a healthy summer treat using cashews, dates, vanilla, and cocoa powder.
- 1 cup cashews*
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder (you can substitute carob powder or cacao powder)
- 8 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the cashews, water, cocoa powder, dates, and vanilla extract in a high-speed blender and process until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Pour into molds and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- You may need to pour hot water over the molds to remove the fudgesicles.
* Soak the cashews in warm filtered water for at least 30 minutes before using. Rinse and drain the cashews before using them.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fudgesicles, frozen vegan dessert, healthy fudgesicles