Learn how to use your Instant Pot or Slow Cooker to make a flavorful vegetable broth that is gluten-free and vegan.
- 1 bunch of carrots, sliced into large sections
- 1 bunch of celery, sliced into large sections
- 1 onion, chopped roughly
- 1–2 leeks
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups filtered water
- For the Instant Pot, combine the ingredients in the base of a 6-quart or 8-quart pressure cooker. Set the pressure to high for 30 minutes. Let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes before releasing the remaining pressure. Remove the lid and use a ladle to separate the liquid from the vegetables when finished and discard the cooked vegetables.
- For the Slow Cooker, combine all ingredients in a large slow-cooker and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours. Use a ladle to separate the liquid from the vegetables when finished and discard the cooked vegetables. Broth can be frozen for later use or kept in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Use immediately or store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Or, you can divide the leftovers into freezer-safe containers and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot or Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegetable broth in the crockpot, pressure cooker vegetable broth, slow cooker broth, vegan broth