- 1 pound medium potatoes, scrubbed and rinsed
- 1 cup water
- Scrub your potatoes and rinse them under cool running water.
- Place the trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot. You can use any size of Instant Pot, but just don’t fill the pot past the “max” line.
- Add a cup of water.
- Then, place your potatoes on top of the trivet.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 10 minutes at high pressure. See the notes section below for suggested cook times for other sizes of potatoes.
- When the cooking time is up, let the pressure come down naturally for about 10 minutes.
- Then, use the quick-release to get rid of any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and use tongs to transfer the boiled potatoes to a serving dish.
- Serve warm.
- Refrigerate any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- You can use any type of potato you like. The cook time will vary depending on the size of the potato.
- You can cook up to about 5 pounds of potatoes at one time in a 6-quart Instant Pot. Just remember never to fill the pot past the max line.
- SMALL POTATOES (1-inch long): use a cook time of 6 minutes and a 10 minutes NPR . Also, use a steamer basket instead of the trivet for very small potatoes that would otherwise fall through the spaces of the trivet
- MEDIUM POTATOES (2 inches long): use a cook time of 10 minutes and a 10 minutes NPR. Add an extra 2 minutes to the cook time if want to mash your boiled potatoes
- LARGE POTATOES (3-4 inches long): use a cook time of 20 minutes and a 10 minutes NPR. Add an extra 5 minutes to the cook time if want to mash your boiled potatoes
- You can peel your potatoes before boiling them in the Instant Pot. The cook time remains the same.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 79
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Sodium: 20.4 mg
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 2.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: instant pot boiled potatoes, instant pot steamed potatoes