- 2 whole onions (red, white, yellow)
- 2 whole sweet bell peppers (any color)
- Wash and dry produce.
- Slice onions at least in half, or go ahead and slice or dice to desired “recipe ready” format.
- Slice peppers in half and discard seeds and ribs. Slice and dice to desired shape.
- Freeze in a single layer on a parchment-lined sheet for 8-12 hours.
- Once frozen, add to labeled and dated zip-top freezer bags for long term storage.
- Use in any recipe for easy meal prep!
- Freezing in a single layer first ensures they don’t all stick together in the bag.
- Gently press your zip-top bag after filling to remove as much air as possible out of the bag before freezing.
- Store in the freezer for 10-12 months.
- To save even more time, feel free to slice or dice your onions and peppers – keeping bags of various sizes means you are ready for any recipe, whether it is soup or fajitas.
- Have a food processor? You can use the dicing disk to make quick work of this prep work!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Category: Healthy
- Method: Freezer
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegetarian
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 47
- Sugar: 5.8 g
- Sodium: 5.5 mg
- Fat: 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.1 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: freezing bell peppers, freezing onions, frozen peppers and onions