- 4 whole sweet potatoes
- Wash and dry your potatoes. If baking whole, prick with a fork.
- Bake at 400°F for an hour, or until easily poked with a fork.
- Let cool completely before freezing in zip-top bags.
- You can also freeze mashed sweet potatoes. Cook, peel, and mash the potatoes. Let the potatoes cool slightly and then transfer to zip top bags and store in the freezer.
- Another option is to cut and blanch the potatoes. Simply boil for 5 minutes until they are slightly tender. Dry completely before freezing in a single layer on parchment. Once completely frozen, add to labeled and dated zip-top bags.
- Sweet potatoes are best either partly or fully cooked before freezing – do not freeze raw!
- Potatoes will last in the freezer for 10-12 months; be sure to remove as much air from the bag as possible.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: freezing whole sweet potatoes, freezing diced potatoes