Garlic Roasted Chickpeas
These Garlic Roasted Chickpeas are perfect for making a crispy and crunchy gluten free snack. Both kids and adults love these roasted garbanzo beans. Vegan, gluten-free, and super healthy!
Roasted chickpeas are a great way to add some healthy crunch to your life, whether as a crispy snack or as a topping for a salad. These roasted little bites are full of flavor and salty satisfaction.
This healthy chickpea recipe is also great for when you’re trying to cut back on sugar, but need something with a satisfying flavor.
What could be better than a healthy snack that is super crunchy and satisfying?
Chickpeas are legumes and are:
- High in protein,
- High in fiber,
- Great source of folate and plant-based iron,
You won’t believe how easy it is to make roasted chickpeas! All you need are canned chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans), coconut oil, and some spices.
Drain and rinse your chickpeas. Pat them dry to make sure they get really crispy in the oven.
Toss them with the oil and spices.
Bake the garlic roasted chickpeas for 45 minutes at 400 degrees. You can also make Air Fryer Roasted Chickpeas.
Let the roasted chickpeas cool slightly before serving. Or, let them cool completely for ultimate crispiness.
Watch me make this recipe on my YouTube channel!
Expert Tips & Substitutions
- You can get creative with the spices that you add to your roasted garbanzo beans, but I like to use Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder. Plus, I always add a little sea salt to add more flavor.
- Sometimes I like to make a variation of this recipe and use dried dill and dried parsley in addition to the Italian seasoning. It really just depends on which dried herbs you like the most. See my other recipe for Ranch Roasted Chickpeas.
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
- 2 (15-ounce) cans of chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning or 1 teaspoon each dried dill and dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried onion*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas and spread them out on a paper towel-lined baking sheet. Pat them dry.
- Transfer the chickpeas to a mixing bowl. Pour the coconut oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, dried onion, and salt over the chickpeas and stir to combine.
- Spread the chickpeas on your baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes. Remove the tray halfway through the baking process and use a spatula to stir the chickpeas.
- Let the chickpeas cool for 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- * You can leave out the dried onion if you don’t have it on hand.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Snacks, side dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: roasted chickpeas, roasted garbanzo beans, how to roast chickpeas
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.