- 1 cup organic cashews, soaked for 10-30 minutes in filtered water, rinsed well and drained
- 4 cups filtered water
- Combine the cashews and water in a high-speed blender. Process for about 45 seconds or until completely blended.
- Store the milk in an air-tight container for up to 5-7 days in the refrigerator.
- Try blending 1/2 cup organic cashews + 1/3 cup brazil nuts + 1 tablespoon of carob or cocoa powder for a Cashew-Brazil Chocolate Milk or the base of homemade fudgesicles.
- For use as a protein-rich smoothie base, blend 1/2 cup organic cashews + 1/4 cup hemp seeds + 3 cups filtered water for a Cashew-Hemp Milk perfect for green smoothies (see my list of smoothie recipes).
- I recommend using raw cashews as opposed to roasted cashews.
- I also recommend using filtered water as opposed to tap water to make sure you don’t get a chlorine flavor in your homemade cashew milk.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 min
- Category: Beverage
- Method: High-Speed Blender
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: how to make creamy cashew milk, homemade cashew milk, dairy-free cashew milk, blended cashew milk