Welcome to the show notes for my podcast, Clean Eating for Women. Episode #7 is all about how to make vegetables taste delicious; great for kids and picky-eaters!
You can listen here or using your favorite podcast app (click through to my site if you don’t see the player below):
In this episode of the Clean Eating for Women podcast, I talk about:
- Common reasons vegetables are disliked
- Tips for picky-eaters and how I learned to love eating veggies
- Specific techniques on how to cook different types of vegetables and make them awesome
Some highlights of this episode on how to make veggies taste delicious:
- All about supertasters and why this condition can be detrimental to health [7:02]
- A brief history of how much I hated vegetables as a child [9:40]
- How vegetables were often prepared in the 1980s and 90s: out of a can and fat-free. Yuck! [11:20]
- Types of cooking methods I use, including: roasting, blending, spiraling, micro-chopping, dipping, sprouting, making stews, grilling, and stovetop sautéing [13:40]
- The best “starter” green and colored vegetables [29:23]
- Final tips and inspiration for how to get the kids and/or picky-eaters in your family to eat more vegetables [32:41]
Links mentioned in this episode (some affiliate links included):
- The Wahls Protocol: A Radical New Way to Treat All Chronic Autoimmune Conditions Using Paleo Principles
- More about supertasters including an at-home test
- Link to episode #3 of Clean Eating for Women all about making green smoothies
- Link to episode #4 of Clean Eating for Women where I share my favorite general tips for healthy cooking
- Avocado oil that is heat-safe and great for roasting
- Favorite appliances:
- Some great vegetable-based recipes:
Show sponsors (use code CLEANEATING for discounts during checkout):
Join the Clean Eating for Women Community!
- Clean Eating for Women Facebook Page
- Clean Eating for Women Podcast private Facebook Group (great for asking questions and connecting with me personally)
Don’t miss new blog posts! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise.