Here’s how to make Homemade Light Coconut Milk using a blender and a nut milk bag. This easy recipe is dairy-free and vegan.
- 1 ½ cups dried, unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 cups warm filtered water
- Combine the coconut and warm water in a high-speed blender. Process for 20-30 seconds or ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the coconut mixed with the water through a nut milk bag into a large bowl. Squeeze the milk through the bag. Discard or save the pulp for another usage.
- Pour the milk into a glass container to be stored in the refrigerator (up to 5 days) or use it immediately in recipes calling for non-dairy milk.
If your coconut milk separates in the refrigerator, just shake it up before using it.
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: homemade coconut beverage, lite coconut milk, coconut milk recipe