- 1 1/2 cups dried, unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 cups warm filtered water
- Combine the coconut and warm water in your Vitamix high-speed blender. Process for 20-30 seconds or ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the coconut mixed with the water through a nut milk bag into a large bowl. Squeeze the milk through the bag. Discard or save the pulp for another usage.
- Pour the milk into a glass container to be stored in the refrigerator (up to 5 days) or use it immediately in recipes calling for non-dairy milk.
- If your coconut milk separates in the refrigerator, just shake it up before using it. You may also need to let it warm up on the counter for a few minutes to help it mix up again.
- To make light coconut milk, reduce the shredded coconut in half to 3/4 cup instead of 1 1/2 cups.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: homemade coconut beverage, lite coconut milk, coconut milk recipe