This Instant Pot Baked Apples recipe is a delicious healthy dessert that is vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, and paleo. You only need five ingredients and 30 minutes.
- 4 apples
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar*
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds, pecans, or walnuts
- 1 cup water
- Wash and core the apples, using a spoon or melon baller to make sure you remove all of the apple seeds. Be careful not to poke a hole in the bottom of the apples.
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut sugar, cinnamon, raisins, and chopped nuts. Stir to combine.
- Then, use a spoon to divide the mixture between the apples, carefully filling the hole of each apple.
- Place the trivet into the bottom of a 6-quart Instant Pot. Add the water into the bottom of the pot.
- Place the apples onto the trivet and lock on the lid.
- Set the time to 5 minutes at high pressure.
- When the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for about 10 minutes, and then use the quick-release to unlock the lid.
- Use tongs to remove the apples to a serving platter or bowl. You can use a serving spoon to pour some of the liquid from the bottom of the pot onto the apples.
- Serve the apples warm or at room temperature.
- *You can use brown sugar or date sugar, if you prefer.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pressure cooker baked apples, healthy baked apples, how to cook apples in the Instant Pot