- 4 sweet red apples
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds, pecans, or walnuts
- 1 cup water
- Wash and core the apples, using a spoon or melon baller to make sure you remove all of the apple seeds. You’ll need to remove about 1/3 of the inner apple to allow enough room for the filling. Be careful not to poke a hole in the bottom of the apples.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, raisins, and chopped nuts. Stir to combine.
- Then, use a spoon to divide the mixture between the apples, carefully filling the hole of each apple.
- Place the trivet into the bottom of a 6-quart Instant Pot. Add the water into the bottom of the pot.
- Place the apples onto the trivet and lock on the lid.
- Set the time to 5 minutes at high pressure.
- When the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for 5 minutes, and then use the quick-release to unlock the lid.
- Use tongs to remove the apples to a serving platter or bowl. You can use a serving spoon to pour some of the liquid from the bottom of the pot onto the apples.
- Serve the apples warm or at room temperature.
- Feel free to serve your apples as is, or with a scoop of ice cream or a side of whipped cream. Use dairy-free versions of either, if necessary.
- The best types of apples for this recipe are sweet red apples such as Fuji, Honeycrisp, Gala, or Pink Lady.
- Use chopped pumpkin seeds if you need to make this recipe nut-free.
- If you are on a low-sugar diet, you can cut the amount of sugar in half.
- If you don’t like raisins, you can use dried cranberries instead. Or, just leave them out.
- The total cooking time includes 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 apple
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 24.1 g
- Sodium: 6.4 mg
- Fat: 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 32 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 1.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: pressure cooker baked apples, healthy baked apples, how to cook apples in the Instant Pot