Learn how to make beets quickly and mess-free in your Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- 1 pound beets
- 1 cup water
- Cut off the greens and the very top 1/2-inch of the top. Cut off the end root.
- Scrub the beets and rinse them well.
- Add one cup of water to your Instant Pot.
- Place the trivet in the bottom.
- Place the beets on top. You can generally fit about 6-8 beets into the pot without them getting too crowded.
- Set the time to 12 minutes on high pressure.
- Once the cooking time is up, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, and then use the quick release.
- Use tongs to carefully transfer the beets to a plate. Use a clean paper towel to gently wipe off the skin of each beet.
- Serve warm or place the cooked beets in the refrigerator.
Note: 1 pound of beets is equal to about 5 small beets or 3-4 medium beets