- 1–2 pounds fresh beets, greens and stems removed
- 1 cup water
- Place the trivet on the bottom of your Instant Pot and add one cup of water.
- Place the beets on top of the trivet.
- Set the time to 16 minutes on high pressure (see the notes below for information on timing).
- Once the cooking time is up, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, and then use the quick release.
- Remove the lid and use tongs to carefully transfer the beets to a plate.
- Use a paring knife to cut the ends off of each beet. Then, use a paper towel to gently wipe off the skin of each beet.
- Serve immediately, or store the cooked beets in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- 1 pound of beets is equal to about 5 small beets or 3-4 medium beets.
- You may need to adjust the cooking time depending on the size of your beets. For small beets, set the time to 12 minutes. For medium beets, set the time to 16 minutes. For large beets, set the time to 20 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 53
- Sugar: 8.3 g
- Sodium: 95.9 mg
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.8 g
- Fiber: 3.4 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: how to make beets in the instant pot, cook beets in pressure cooker