This Instant Pot Carrot Ginger Soup is vegan and paleo, and full of healthy nutrition and flavor. It’s a dairy-free quick side dish that gets made in less than 15 minutes!
- 3 cups chopped carrots (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup water or broth
- ¼ teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 shallot, minced
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- juice of one lime (optional, for topping)
- Combine the carrots, water or broth, ginger, and minced shallot in the bowl of a 6-quart Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- Lock on the lid and set the valve to sealed. Push the pressure cooker button and set the time to 6 minutes.
- When the soup is done cooking, use the quick-release or natural-release method to remove the lid.
- Use a hand-immersion blender to blend the soup until smooth. Stir in the coconut milk, coconut aminos, and fresh lime juice and serve hot.
Stovetop directions include combining the carrots, broth, ginger, and shallot in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once the carrots are fork-tender, turn off the heat and use a hand-immersion blender to puree the soup. Stir in the coconut milk, coconut aminos, and lime juice, and serve hot.