- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1.25–pounds chicken cutlets or thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 white potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk or yogurt
- Set a 6-quart or 8-quart Instant Pot on the Sauté mode and add the oil.
- Let the oil heat up for a few minutes and then add the chicken. Stir so the chicken starts to cook on all sides.
- Add the tomato paste, curry powder, garlic powder, ground ginger, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine. Turn off the Sauté mode and use a wooden spoon or spatula to scrape off any parts of the chicken or spices that may have stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the onion, carrots, potatoes, and chicken broth, and stir to combine.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 8 minutes at high pressure.
- When the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for about 10 minutes. Then, use the quick release to release any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid and stir in the coconut milk or yogurt.
- Stir and serve hot.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- If you aren’t on a dairy-free diet, you can use regular dairy cream or yogurt instead of coconut cream or coconut yogurt.
- Serve this dish over steamed white rice or sautéed cauliflower rice (for Whole30, use the cauliflower rice).
- Curries are generally very forgiving and can be made using lots of vegetables, including green beans, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, and peas. In other words, feel free to swap out the carrots or potatoes and use whatever you have on hand.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Indian
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 275
- Sugar: 6.6 g
- Sodium: 233.6 mg
- Fat: 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.4 g
- Fiber: 4.6 g
- Protein: 24.9 g
- Cholesterol: 68.9 mg
Keywords: instant pot curry, chicken curry, instant pot indian recipe