This Instant Pot Chicken Curry Soup is a delicious, easy recipe that is perfect for paleo, Whole30 and gluten-free diets.
- 1 teaspoon avocado oil
- 1 ½ pounds boneless chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- ½ medium red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 10 stalks of celery (from about one bunch), chopped
- 12 ounces peeled and chopped butternut squash (from about one small squash)
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 1 fresh lemon or lime (optional, for serving)
- sliced green onions (optional, for serving)
- Add the oil to the Instant Pot and push the sauté button.
- Let the oil heat up for 1-2 minutes and add the chicken to the pot.
- Use a wooden spoon or spatula to move the chicken around so it doesn’t burn.
- Add the onion and green curry paste to the pot, along with a splash of the chicken broth to prevent burning.
- After the chicken and onion have cooked for about two minutes, cancel the sauté function.
- Next, add the rest of the chicken broth, bell pepper, celery, and squash to the pot and stir to combine.
- Lock on the lid and push the button to pressure cook on high. Set the timer to 14 minutes.
- After the cooking time is complete, release the pressure naturally or use the quick-release.
- Stir in the coconut cream, coconut sugar, and coconut aminos.
- Serve hot, with a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime, if desired.
Serve the soup with cooked white rice, rice noodles, or cauliflower rice, if desired.