Instant Pot Thai Green Curry Chicken Soup
This Instant Pot Thai Green Curry Chicken Soup is flavorful and satisfying. This easy recipe has the rich flavor of coconut with lots of vegetables.
- Author: Carrie Forrest, MPH in Nutrition
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 43 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Pressure cooker
- Cuisine: Thai inspired
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken thighs or chicken cutlets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 10 stalks of celery (from about one bunch), chopped
- 12 ounces peeled and chopped butternut squash (from about one small squash)
- 2 teaspoons Thai green curry paste
- 2 ½ cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup coconut cream or full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- 1 fresh lemon or lime (optional, for serving)
- sliced green onions (optional, for serving)
- Combine the chicken, onion, red bell pepper, celery, butternut squash, Thai green curry paste, and chicken broth to the base of a 6-quart or 8-quart Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 8 minutes at high pressure.
- After the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes. Then, use the quick-release to release any remaining pressure and carefully remove the lid.
- Stir in the coconut cream, coconut sugar, and coconut aminos.
- Serve hot, with a squeeze of fresh lemon or lime and chopped green onions, if desired.
Serve the soup with cooked white rice, rice noodles, or cauliflower rice, if desired.
Keywords: green curry chicken soup, thai green curry with chicken, pressure cooker thai chicken soup