This Instant Pot Chicken Marsala dish is perfect for an easy meal prep lunch or dinner that is paleo and Whole30 diet friendly.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 shallot, minced (or ½ medium red onion)
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 3.5 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- ½ cup red wine (leave out for Whole30 and substitute chicken broth instead)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic & Herb seasoning
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté and add the oil to the pot.
- Let the oil heat for a minute and then add the shallot. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Next, add the red bell pepper and stir again.
- Add the mushrooms and stir with the other ingredients. Let the ingredients cook for a few minutes until they start to soften.
- Pour in the red wine.
- Add the chili flakes or Italian seasoning.
- Add the marinara sauce and the water and then use tongs to place the chicken into the pot.
- Sprinkle the sea salt on top of the chicken.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 14 minutes.
- Once the time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes.
- Then, release the rest of the pressure and remove the lid.
- Stir one more time and serve hot.