If you’re looking for a healthy and comforting dish, then you’re going to love this Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup. It’s gluten-free and so easy to throw together.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1.25-pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3 breasts), cut into 1-inch chunks
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces gluten-free white rice spaghetti pasta, broken in half
- Select Sauté and add the oil to the Instant Pot. Let the oil heat up for a minute, and add the onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the vegetables start to soften. Press Cancel and pour in the broth.
- Add the chicken, rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Place the noodles on top, but don’t stir.
- Lock on the lid. Select Pressure Cook or Manual, and adjust the pressure to High and the time to 10 minutes. Make sure the steam release knob is in the sealed position. After cooking, naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Unlock and remove the lid.
- Stir and serve immediately, or place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
STOVETOP DIRECTIONS: Grab a large lidded pot. Heat the oil over medium heat. Sauté the vegetables and chicken for a few minutes. Add the herbs, salt, and pepper, along with the broth and noodles. Increase the heat to high, bring the mixture to a boil, and then lower the heat, cover the pot, and simmer for 18 minutes, or until the pasta and chicken are cooked through. Serve hot.