This easy Instant Pot Chicken Stew has potatoes and vegetables, making it a delicious, nourishing, and comforting recipe.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3–4 breasts), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, halved
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Select Sauté and add the oil to the inner pot. Once hot, add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and mushrooms, and cook for about 3 minutes, or until the vegetables start to soften.
- Press Cancel and pour in the broth. Add the chicken, potatoes, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir to combine.
- Lock the lid into place. Select Pressure Cook or Manual, and adjust the pressure to High and the time to 8 minutes. Make sure the steam release knob is in the sealed position. After cooking, naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Unlock and remove the lid. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- Stir the stew and serve immediately, or place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
You can substitute sweet potatoes for the white potatoes to make this recipe paleo-friendly.
You can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts for even more flavor.