This Instant Pot Coconut Chicken recipe is a 30-minute meal with only five ingredients. This recipe is paleo, keto, and Whole30 friendly!
How to Make Instant Pot Coconut Chicken
A 30-minute, 5 ingredient dish sounds just about right these days. You won’t believe how easy this recipe is, but how much flavor it has!
I used fresh lemongrass and canned coconut as the major flavor ingredients, and then organic, pasture-raised chicken tenders for the protein. For my keto friends, this recipe is absolute perfection (see the video for how to make this Instant Pot Coconut Chicken at the end of this post).
All you have to do is add the celery, chicken, lemongrass, and broth to the Instant Pot, and then cook it for 22 minutes. Use the quick-release and then stir in the coconut milk. That’s it!
I recommend serving this Instant Pot Coconut Chicken with cooked rice or cauliflower rice, scallions, and a squeeze of fresh lime for a satisfying and flavorful meal.
If you don’t like celery, then feel free to substitute carrots or another similar vegetable instead (fennel, onions, and bell peppers would all work okay too). But, in the interest of keeping this recipe to just a few ingredients, I used celery.
You don’t have to serve the soup with rice, scallions, or lime, but it rounds out the meal, in my humble opinion.
Items recommended for this Instant Pot Coconut Chicken soup recipe (some affiliate links included):
Here’s the printable recipe for my Instant Pot Coconut Chicken. Enjoy!!!Print
A 30-minute meal full of flavor and nutrition.
- 1 bunch of celery, chopped
- 1 pound chicken tenders (or cubed chicken breast)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 5 stalks lemongrass
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooked rice, fresh limes, and sliced scallions (optional), for serving
- Add the celery to the pot of your pressure cooker. Place the chicken tenders on top of the celery. Add the chicken broth and lemongrass and lock on the Instant Pot lid.
- Cook on high pressure for 22 minutes and use the quick release to let off the steam.
- Use tongs to remove the lemongrass and discard.
- Pour in the coconut milk and give the soup a good stir. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with cooked rice or cauliflower rice, fresh lime, and sliced scallions, if desired.
Here’s a how-to video for how to make this Instant Pot Coconut Chicken Soup!
Pin this Instant Pot pressure cooker Coconut Chicken recipe for later:
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!