This Instant Pot Coconut Chicken recipe is a 30-minute meal with only five ingredients. I recommend serving it with cooked rice, scallions, and a squeeze of fresh lime for a satisfying and flavorful meal.
A 30-minute, 5 ingredient dish sounds just about right these days. What is it with such busy times? And, it’s May! How did that happen?
I need to tell you something. I was so busy in February and March and April that I crossed that line from being busy to being stressed-out busy. I think it started after I attended the Good Fest in February and got the idea in my head to blog every day. I thought that was what I needed to move forward my business and get my message out and change the world. The results: my numbers stayed about the same, I became over-worked, and it wasn’t sustainable. Lesson learned.
So, while I’m still creating blog posts 2-3 times a week and working behind the scenes each and every day, I’ve decided that quality is better than quantity, and I have to do what works for me. The last few weeks saw me working smarter, not harder, and feeling stronger, more creative, and more balanced. At the very heart of my work is creating content that meets your needs and leaves you feeling more inspired and interested in healthy cooking and living than before you read my blog. I hope you feel that way!
Speaking of meeting your needs, I really want to know more! I created a Reader Survey and I would so love your input as I plan my content for the rest of the year. You can complete the survey here and then be sure to enter into my Instant Pot Starter Kit giveaway that goes along with the survey.
Back to this 30-minte, 5-ingredient Coconut Chicken Soup recipe. I used fresh lemongrass and canned coconut as the major flavor ingredients, and then organic, pasture-raised chicken tenders for the protein.
If you don’t like celery, then feel free to substitute carrots or another similar vegetable instead (fennel, onions, and bell peppers would all work okay too). But, in the interest of keeping this recipe to just a few ingredients, I used celery.
You don’t have to serve the soup with rice, scallions, or lime, but it rounds out the meal, IMHO.
Items recommended for this recipe (some affiliate links included):
Here’s the printable recipe for my Instant Pot Coconut Chicken. Enjoy!!!Print
A 30-minute meal full of flavor and nutrition.
- 1 bunch of celery, chopped
- 1 pound chicken tenders (or cubed chicken breast)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 5 stalks lemongrass
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooked rice, fresh limes, and sliced scallions (optional), for serving
- Add the celery to the pot of your pressure cooker. Place the chicken tenders on top of the celery. Add the chicken broth and lemongrass and lock on the Instant Pot lid.
- Cook on high pressure for 22 minutes and use the quick release to let off the steam.
- Use tongs to remove the lemongrass and discard.
- Pour in the coconut milk and give the soup a good stir. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with cooked rice, fresh lime, and sliced scallions, if desired.
Pin this recipe for later:
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!