Learn how to cook an Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breast that you can shred and put into tacos, salads, pasta, or soup. This is a great easy recipe for busy weeknights.
- 3 large frozen boneless, skinless chicken cutlets
- 1 cup water
- Remove the chicken from the packaging. Lay the cutlets flat on the trivet inside a 6-quart or 8-quart Instant Pot.
- Add the water to the bottom of the pot.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 18 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for about 10 minutes. Release any additional pressure and carefully remove the lid.
- Use tongs to transfer the cooked chicken to a cutting board. Use a fork and your tongs to shred the chicken. Or, you can use a knife to cut it into chunks.
- Serve immediately, or place the chicken in a glass bowl and cover with a lid. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
If your chicken cutlets are medium sized, then reduce the cooking time to 16 minutes.
If you chicken is defrosted or close to defrosted, you can reduce the cooking time to 8-10 minutes.
You can fit about 3 large chicken cutlets inside a 6-quart Instant Pot.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot shredded chicken, frozen chicken pressure cooker, instant pot frozen chicken breast