Learn how to cook frozen chicken breasts in the Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- 3 large frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup water
- Remove the chicken breasts from the packaging. Lay them flat on the trivet inside a 6-quart or 8-quart Instant Pot.
- Add the water to the bottom of the pot.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 16 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for about 10 minutes. Release any additional pressure and carefully remove the lid.
- Use tongs to transfer the cooked chicken to a cutting board. Use a fork and your tongs to shred the chicken. Or, you can use a knife to cut it into chunks.
- Serve immediately, or place the chicken in a glass bowl and cover with a lid. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
If your chicken breasts are medium sized, then reduce the cooking time to 14 minutes.
You can fit about 3 large chicken breasts inside a 6-quart Instant Pot.