This easy chicken dish is perfect for a busy weeknight. Instant Pot Pesto Chicken can be served with pasta, veggie noodles, or steamed veggies for a perfect easy dinner. The leftovers are amazing, too! Gluten-free with a dairy-free option.
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (I like to use reduced-sodium to cut back on the salt)
- 1.25 pounds boneless and skinless chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 ounces prepared or homemade pesto sauce (about 3/4 cup)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In the base of a 6-quart Instant Pot, pour in the chicken broth.
- Place the chicken thighs or cutlets in the pot, along with the tomatoes.
- Pour the pesto sauce on top of the chicken, but don’t stir.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 10 minutes at high pressure.
- When the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes. Then, use the quick release to get rid of any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid and use a serving spoon to transfer the cooked chicken, tomatoes, and sauce to a serving dish.
- Serve warm, with your choice of steamed vegetables, cooked pasta, cauliflower rice, or zucchini noodles.
- If you are on a dairy-free diet, then be sure to buy pesto sauce without cheese. Or, you can make my Vegan Pesto recipe.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator in a covered container for up to 4 days.
- The total cooking time includes approximately 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure. The total time also includes 10 minutes of natural pressure release.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot pesto chicken thighs, instant pot healthy chicken recipe