This Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup recipe is so satisfying and easy to make. It’s creamy and comforting and full of delicious potato flavor. Vegan and dairy-free options included!
1. Combine the potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, and broth in the base of a 6-quart or 8-quart Instant Pot.
2. Lock the lid into place. Select Pressure Cook or Manual, and adjust the pressure to High and the time to 10 minutes. Make sure the steam release knob is in the sealed position. After cooking time, naturally release the pressure for 5 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
3. Unlock and remove the lid. Add the coconut milk, salt, and pepper. Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes into the milk and broth. Alternatively, for a smoother texture, you can use a hand immersion blender to blend the soup to the desired smoothness.
4. Serve immediately. Top each serving with the scallions and bacon crumbles.
5. Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
VEGAN OPTION: replace the chicken broth with vegetable broth and leave off the bacon.
PALEO OPTION: use sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes.
Keywords: pressure cooker, potato soup, instant pot soup