When you want a flavorful dinner that is so easy to make, you’ve got to try this Instant Pot Teriyaki Salmon and Rice. This gluten-free recipe has only six ingredients and is a family favorite. Serve the leftovers for lunch the next day.
- 1 cup long-grain white rice (I recommend Basmati or Jasmine)
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 4 frozen salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each piece)
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup coconut aminos or reduced sodium tamari
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Place your rice in a fine-mesh sieve and rinse it thoroughly under fresh running water until the water runs clear.
- Transfer the rinsed rice to the bowl of a 6-quart Instant Pot.
- Add the water to the pot with the rinsed rice.
- Place the frozen salmon fillets on top of the water and rice mixture, but don’t stir.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 4 minutes at high pressure.
- When the cooking time is up, let the pressure come down naturally for only five minutes. Then, carefully use the quick release to get rid of the pressure.
- Remove the lid and transfer the cooked rice and salmon to a serving dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the rice wine vinegar, coconut aminos, sesame oil, and maple syrup. Stir and then pour over the salmon and rice.
- Serve warm.
- If you aren’t on a gluten-free diet, you can use soy sauce instead of coconut aminos or tamari.
- If you are on a low-sugar diet, leave out the maple syrup.
- If you don’t have sesame oil, you can use olive oil instead.
- Some people like to serve cooked fish with fresh lemon slices. So, feel free to do that.
- The total cooking time includes approximately 10 minutes for the Instant Pot to come up to pressure and 10 minutes natural release.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: salmon and rice cooked in instant pot, instant pot salmon dinner, instant pot teriyaki salmon