Instant Pot Salsa Chicken (2-Ingredients)
This super simple 2-Ingredient Instant Pot Salsa Chicken recipe is perfect for meal prepping. Make the chicken today and serve it in a variety of ways throughout the week. Gluten-free, paleo, and Whole30-friendly.
I am such a fan of cooking chicken in the Instant Pot. Primarily, chicken doesn’t get dried out in a pressure cooker because of the steam. Also, the chicken seems more flavorful because all the spices and moisture stay inside the pot.
This Instant Pot Salsa Chicken is a great example of a flavorful chicken dish that is a cinch to make. If you like easy meals, then you for sure want to try this one.
And, as I mentioned in the intro, this is a great meal prep recipe. Make the chicken on Sunday or at the beginning of the week, and then serve it in a variety of ways. My favorite way to serve this dish is over cooked white or cauliflower rice, with sliced avocado for topping.
As I’ve written it, this recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free, Paleo-friendly, and Whole30-compliant if you serve it with cauliflower rice. Make sure to read the label on your salsa jar to ensure that it is gluten-free.
Now let me show you how to make it!
This recipe only has two ingredients: chicken cutlets and jarred salsa. This is a great way to use up those extra jars of salsa we all have hiding in the back of our pantries. You can use whatever flavor and size of salsa you like.
Ultimately, you’ll need about 2-3 cups of liquid, or 32 ounces. But, if your jar of salad is smaller than 32 ounces, you can make up the difference with water.
This recipe is as easy as pouring the salsa (and water, if needed) into a 3-quart, 6-quart, or 8-quart Instant Pot, and placing the chicken cutlets on top.
You can easily double or triple this recipe as long as you are using a large enough Instant Pot.
Lock on the lid and set the time to 10 minutes at high pressure. Once the cooking time is up, you can let the pressure come down naturally for a few minutes before removing the lid.
Remove the cooked chicken to a bowl or cutting board and use two forks to shred the chicken. Then, transfer the shredded chicken to a storage container and pour the salsa mixture on top.
Serve immediately, or store the chicken for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
I think you are going to love this flavorful chicken that can be served in so many ways.
Yes, but I find that they are a little less easy to shred. But, they will have great flavor!
Other Instant Pot Easy Chicken Recipes You Might Like
- Instant Pot Chicken Cacciatore
- Instant Pot Chicken & Sweet Potato dinner
- Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Soup with Rice
- Instant Pot Pulled BBQ Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Instant Pot Coconut Chicken
- Instant Pot Peanut Chicken
Or, be sure to check out my round-up of the best Instant Pot Chicken recipes.
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
- 1 16–ounce jar salsa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1.25–pounds chicken cutlets, about 2 large pieces
- Pour the salsa and water into the base of an Instant Pot.
- Lay the chicken pieces on top.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 10 minutes at high pressure.
- Once the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes.
- Then, use the quick release to get rid of any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid and use tongs to transfer the chicken to a large bowl.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken. Then, pour the salsa mixture on top.
- Serve immediately, or cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- You can serve the cooked shredded chicken cold or heated up.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: salsa chicken, instant pot shredded chicken, instant pot mexican chicken