This recipe for Instant Pot Steamed Broccoli Florets is so easy! This is the perfect healthy side dish to make on busy weeknights. Pressure cook the broccoli for zero minutes for perfectly cooked florets.
- 1 cup water
- 1 head broccoli, broken into florets
- salt and pepper (optional, to taste)
- Place a trivet or steamer basket inside the base of an Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- Pour the water into the pot and then place the broccoli florets on the trivet. It’s okay if some pieces fall through the bottom of the trivet.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to zero minutes.
- After the pot comes to pressure and beeps that it is finished, use the quick release to carefully release the pressure.
- Remove the lid and use tongs to transfer the steamed broccoli to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle the top with salt and pepper (optional, to taste). Enjoy warm.
- One whole head of broccoli yields about about 3 1/2 cups of florets. A serving size is usually about 1/2 cup.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe as long as the broccoli florets do not fill your Instant Pot higher than the “max” line.
- To cook frozen broccoli florets, just set the cooking time to one minute instead of zero minutes.
- Store any leftover steamed broccoli in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Re-heat before serving.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Pressure cooker
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: instant pot steamed vegetables, how to steam broccoli in the instant pot