- 1 12–ounce loaf of white bread (use gluten-free bread if you are on a gluten-free diet)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground spicy sausage
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Place your bread on a cutting board and cut it into 1-inch cubes.
- Lay the bread cubes on a baking sheet and spread them out. Bake the bread cubes for 35 minutes, or until they are browned and dry. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the bread cubes cool slightly.
- Press the Sauté button on a 6-quart pressure cooker. Add the oil and then add the sausage, celery, and onion. Stir the ingredients and let them cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until the sausage has started to cook through.
- Cancel the Sauté button, and pour in the broth, dried oregano, dried thyme, and the bread cubes.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 2 minutes at high pressure.
- When the cooking time is up, use the quick release to carefully get rid of all the pressure.
- Remove the lid and use a serving spoon or pour the cooked stuffing onto a serving tray or into a serving bowl.
- Serve the stuffing hot, with chopped fresh parsley on top.
- You can prepare the dried bread cubes up to 2 days before you make this recipe.
- This recipe is best served on the same day as it is made, otherwise the stuffing can tend to get mushy when it is re-heated.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: Holiday
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 259
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 506.2 mg
- Fat: 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 19 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 9.7 g
- Cholesterol: 34.4 mg
Keywords: how to make sausage stuffing, gluten-free thanksgiving stuffing, spicy sausage stuffing