Here’s how to make a turkey breast and gravy in the Instant Pot.
- 2 cups turkey, chicken, or beef broth
- 1 2.75 pound bone-in turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- for the gravy:
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- Add the broth to the base of a 6-quart of 8-quart Instant Pot pressure cooker. Place the metal trivet on top.
- Next, add the turkey breast on top of the trivet.
- Use your hands or a spoon to spread the ghee or butter on top. Sprinkle on the dried herb seasoning.
- Lock on the lid and push the button for pressure cooking. Set the time to 40 minutes.
- Once the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally or use the quick-release method.
- Use tongs to carefully remove the turkey breast to a serving platter.
- To make the gravy, you need to strain the broth left in the pot. Use a clean stainless colander to strain the gravy.
- Then, pour the strained gravy back into the Instant Pot and push the button for sauté. Once the gravy is simmering, add the arrowroot powder and use a whisk to combine.
- Keep whisking the gravy for a few minutes until the flour has dissolved. Let the pot simmer for about 10 minutes to thicken the gravy.
Pour the gravy into a serving bowl and serve alongside the turkey.