- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 1/2 pounds venison chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 fennel bulbs, chopped
- 4 carrots, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 4 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 12 ounces cauliflower florets (about 2 cups)
- sea salt, to taste
- Press the Sauté button on your 6- or 8-quart Instant Pot and let it heat up for about two minutes. Combine the venison, garlic, and onion in the post and sauté for 3 minutes, using a wooden spoon or spatula to move the meat around so it browns on all sides.
- Cancel the Sauté function and add the dried thyme, zucchini, carrots, fennel, and broth. Stir to combine.
- Lock on the lid, select the Pressure Cook function, and adjust to high pressure for 15 minutes. Make sure the steam valve is set in the “Sealing”
- When the cooking time is up, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes before using the quick release to unlock the lid.
- Remove the lid and add the cauliflower florets. Lock on the lid again, select the Pressure Cook function, and adjust to high pressure for 1 minute. Make sure the steam valve is set in the “Sealing”
- When the cooking time is up, use the quick release to release the pressure.
- Season with salt, to taste, and serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- You can use beef instead of venison in this recipe. The cooking time remains the same.
- If you use frozen meat chunks, be sure to add 10 minutes to the overall cook time at high pressure.
- If you prefer to use potatoes instead of cauliflower, then cut the potatoes into quarters and add them to cook with all of the other vegetables.
- You can make substitutions to the vegetables used in this recipe. You’ll need about 5-6 cups of chopped vegetables total.
- The total cook time includes the 10 minutes that it takes for the pressure cooker to come up to full pressure, plus 10 minutes of natural release time.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Pressure cooker Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: keto venison stew, instant pot keto stew