This Instant Pot Vegetable Stew with Potatoes is hearty, nourishing, and only takes about 30 minutes to make. Make it with a variety of fresh or frozen vegetables. This recipe is naturally gluten-free and vegetarian.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup green beans, ends trimmed and halved
- 4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, halved
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional, for topping)
- Select Sauté and add the oil to the inner pot. Once hot, add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes, or until the vegetables start to soften.
- Press Cancel and pour in the green beans, broth, and tomatoes. Using a wooden spoon, scrape up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pot. Add the potatoes, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and bay leaves. Stir to combine.
- Lock the lid into place. Select Pressure Cook or Manual, and adjust the pressure to High and the time to 8 minutes. Make sure the steam release knob is in the sealed position. After cooking, naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Unlock and remove the lid. Remove and discard the bay leaves.
- Stir the stew and serve hot, topped with the parsley.
- FOR FROZEN VEGETABLES: swap out the carrots, celery, onion, mushrooms, and green beans for a 16 ounce bag of mixed frozen vegetables. The cook time stays the same.
- Place any leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- STOVETOP DIRECTIONS: Grab a large lidded pot. Heat the oil over medium heat. Sauté the vegetables for a few minutes. Add the herbs, salt, and pepper, along with the broth and potatoes. Increase the heat to high, bring the mixture to a boil, and then lower the heat, cover the pot, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the vegetables and potatoes are cooked through. Serve hot.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegetable soup in pressure cooker, Instapot soup, frozen vegetable soup