Instant Pot White Bean Soup with Sausage
This Instant Pot White Bean Soup with Sausage is a flavorful and satisfying meal. This recipe uses canned beans and precooked sausage, making this a 35-minute, one-pot meal. Gluten-free, healthy, and delicious.
- Garlic, onion, celery and carrots add flavor and nutrients to this Instant Pot White Bean Soup.
- Low-sodium chicken broth gives this soup lots of flavor without being too salty.
- Italian sausage! Need I say more?
- Plus, this Instant Pot Bean Soup is dairy-free and gluten-free.
Peel and prep all of the veggies.
As always, please do see the recipe card at the end of this post for the exact ingredients and measurements.
Sauté the veggies along with the sausage using the sauté mode on the Instant Pot.
Add the remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot and set to high-pressure mode for 6 minutes.
After a 5-minute release, remove the lid and give everything a quick blend with an immersion blender, but leave it chunky.
Add lemon juice and serve immediately.
Is This Recipe Healthy?
- This soup is packed with fresh vegetables which add fiber, nutrition, and flavor.
- You can choose your favorite sausage to use, including chicken, pork, beef, or plant-based (although I have some concerns about fake meat products).
- Even though this recipe uses some prepared ingredients, it is most definitely a great healthy soup that is so easy to make.
- Peel and chop all of your veggies first so everything comes together quickly.
- Use canned beans and pre-cooked sausage for a quick one-pot meal.
- Cover and refrigerate any leftovers for up to four days.
Other Instant Pot Soup Recipes You Might Like
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup (gluten-free)
- Instant Pot Potato Soup (dairy-free, with vegan option)
- Instant Pot Turkey & Sweet Potato Chili (Whole30)
- Instant Pot Vegetable Soup (vegan)
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
This Instant Pot White Bean Soup with Sausage is a flavorful and satisfying meal. This recipe uses canned beans and precooked sausage, making this a 35-minute, one-pot meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 12 ounces cooked spicy Italian sausage, sliced into ¾-inch pieces
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 15-ounce cans of white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Drizzle the oil into the Instant Pot bowl and press the Sauté button. Let the oil heat up for about 2 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and sausage and cook for 3 minutes.
- Cancel the Sauté function and pour in the broth. Add the beans and stir to combine.
- Lock on the lid, select the Pressure Cook function, and adjust to high pressure for 6 minutes. Make sure the steam valve is set in the “Sealing” position.
- When the cooking time is up, let the pressure come down naturally for 5 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and use a hand-immersion blender to gently blend the soup so the beans and vegetables are still chunky.
- Stir in the lemon juice and serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- You can use whatever type of sausage you like, but be sure you buy a pre-cooked version. Also, be cautious to buy a gluten-free version, if necessary.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: instant pot stew, sausage soup, instapot soup
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.