This Instant Pot White Bean Soup with Sausage is a flavorful and satisfying meal. This recipe uses canned beans and precooked sausage, making this a 35-minute, one-pot meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, sliced
- 12 ounces cooked spicy Italian sausage, sliced into ¾-inch pieces
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 15-ounce cans of white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Drizzle the oil into the Instant Pot bowl and press the Sauté button. Let the oil heat up for about 2 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and sausage and cook for 3 minutes.
- Cancel the Sauté function and pour in the broth. Add the beans and stir to combine.
- Lock on the lid, select the Pressure Cook function, and adjust to high pressure for 6 minutes. Make sure the steam valve is set in the “Sealing” position.
- When the cooking time is up, let the pressure come down naturally for 5 minutes, then quick-release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and use a hand-immersion blender to gently blend the soup so the beans and vegetables are still chunky.
- Stir in the lemon juice and serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
You can use whatever type of sausage you like, but be sure you buy a pre-cooked version. Also, be cautious to buy a gluten-free version, if necessary.