- 1.5 pounds red potatoes (about 12 medium potatoes or 16 small potatoes), scrubbed and halved
- 1 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning or dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, ghee, or vegan butter
- In the base of a 6-quart pressure cooker, combine the halved potatoes, broth, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, sea salt, black pepper. Stir gently to combine.
- Place the butter on top and lock on the lid.
- Set the time to 7 minutes at high pressure.
- When the cooking time is complete, carefully use the quick release to release the pressure and remove the lid.
- Stir the potatoes and transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve hot.
- If you double this recipe, you don’t need to increase the liquid.
- If you are on a low-fat diet, feel free to leave out the butter.
- The total cook time includes the prep time, cook time, and 10 minutes for the pot to come up to pressure.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- If you want to cook the red potatoes to make potato salad, then you can leave out the seasonings and the butter. You can use water instead of broth and simply drain the potatoes before using them for potato salad.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: instant pot red potatoes, pressure cooking potatoes, instant pot potatoes