You’re going to love how easy it is to cook Instant Pot Whole Red Potatoes that have the perfect texture. This is a hands-off healthy side dish that can be served in a variety of ways.
- 4–8 medium red potatoes
- 1 cup water
- Scrub the potatoes and give them a pat dry with a clean towel.
- Add one cup of water to the base of your pressure cooker, place the stainless steel trivet in the bottom, and add the potatoes to the base on top of the trivet.
- Lock on the lid and set the timer to 10 minutes.
- When the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes. Then, use the quick-release to get rid of any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove the lid and use tongs to transfer the potatoes to a serving plate. Slice the potatoes and serve, or store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator.
- You’ll be able to cook about 4 medium red potatoes in a 3-quart Instant Pot pressure cooker or up to 8-12 medium red potatoes in a 6-quart Instant Pot.
- If your potatoes are small (less than 2 1/2 inches long), then you can reduce the cook time to 8 minutes. If your potatoes are large (longer than 3 inches long), then you should increase the cook time to 12 minutes.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: pressure cooker, instant pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot red potatoes, pressure cooking potatoes, instant pot potatoes